Smart Glass Display Frames
for Antique Maps, Photographs and Textiles
ArtRatio Wall Mounted Display Frames offer a spectacular view on fragile art and antique collections best viewed vertically, such as maps, paintings and textiles.
The switchable smart glass facade proactively reduces UV, infrared and visible light damage on light-sensitive materials, such as photographs, old newspaper and silk, by switching into a transparent state only when someone is viewing the item.
At all other times, the object sits in complete darkness, enjoying after-hours security for museums, antique luxury retailers and private collectors.
Our patent-pending cloud-based art conservation system reduces the risk of colour fading and structural breakdown by adjusting the glass transmittance and internal lighting before temperature, humidity and light levels exceed their limits.
We also publish an index of popularity to gauge how long the work has been viewed, giving an invaluable metric on visitor engagement.
This allows fragile, light-sensitive collections to be exhibited without exceeding international light exposure limits.
- Frame of antibacterial, fire-resistant, antistatic, highly durable KRION® or powder-coated aluminium/steel
- Security lock for artwork compartment
- Passive humidity control
- Conservation-grade, neutral pH interior
- Air Exchange Rate: 0.1 to 0.5
- 1 Panel of variable-tint smart glass, dimmable to any level
- Min glass transmittance: <1%
- Max glass transmittance: 49%
- UV Blocking: 99%
- Glass reflectance: 3%
- Toughened glass to BS EN 1260
- Internal LED lighting, colour rendering > 90, no UV
- Allows compliance to CIE 157, BSI PAS 198 and CIBSE SLL LG8
- Smart Glass and LEDs activated by adjustable IR proximity sensor
- WiFI connectivity to IEEE 802.11-n
- Cloud-based portal monitors artwork popularity, temperature, humidity and light
- Electrical Safety to 2014/35/EU
- Mechanical Safety to 2006/42/EU
- Electro-Magnetic Compatibility to 2014/30/EU