Smart Glass Display Tables
for Rare Books and Manuscripts
ArtRatio Smart Glass Display Tables offer a spectacular exhibition of art and luxury collections, such as antique manuscripts and maps, rare books, jewellery and designer watches.
Since some of these objects contain light-sensitive materials, the smart switchable glass facade proactively reduces UV, IR and visible light damage by switching into its transparent state (and also activating the internal LEDs) only when triggered by visitor presence.
At all other times, the table’s opaque state offers after-hours security by obscuring the location of the most valuable items.
Our patent-pending conservation system monitors the risk of long-term damage to the object by analysing temperature, humidity, light and overall light exposure profiles in real-time and historically.
We also publish an index of popularity to gauge the total time that the work has been viewed, giving invaluable metrics on visitor engagement.
These measures ensure that the artwork can be exhibited within international light exposure limits, whether on permanent exhibition or on loan.
- Glass Hood Height: 40 cm
- Antibacterial, fire-resistant, antistatic, highly durable KRION® base
- Rubber adjustable feet for uneven surfaces
- Security lock for artwork compartment
- Passive humidity control
- Conservation-grade, neutral pH interior
- Air Exchange Rate: 0.1 to 0.5
- 5 Panels of variable-tint smart glass, dimmable to any level
- Min glass transmittance: <1%
- Max glass transmittance: 49%
- UV Blocking: 99%
- Glass reflectance: 3%
- Toughened glass to BS EN 1260
- Internal LED lighting, colour rendering > 90, no UV
- Allows compliance to CIE 157, BSI PAS 198 and CIBSE SLL LG8
- Smart Glass and LEDs activated by adjustable IR proximity sensor
- WiFI connectivity to IEEE 802.11-n
- Cloud-based portal monitors artwork popularity, temperature, humidity and light
- Electrical Safety to 2014/35/EU
- Mechanical Safety to 2006/42/EU
- Electro-Magnetic Compatibility to 2014/30/EU
Read more about how ArtRatio exhibited a 2-volume book by 18th century Spanish author, Antonio José Cavanilles in our demo Smart Glass Display Table at the Archaeological Museum of Alicante, Spain.